01 November 2013

Science on Saturday // 11th graders go snorkeling



This past week, several other KAUST grad students and I went to our local high school to teach the 11th graders about coral reefs and what it means to be a scientist.  Check out the video above of the snorkel field trip following the class lessons.  Photos from last year's trip found here.

Unfortunately, this year, I wasn't able to join the snorkel trip because I was busy preparing to go to Australia (!!) for the 9th International Sponge Conference (!!!!).  My flight leaves this evening!

3 comments:

  1. I love you and your nerdy enthusiasm for sea sponges. Love you seester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who you callin nerd?? I thought everyone was down with sponge?

      Delete
  2. What an opportunity for those kids!

    ReplyDelete