06 January 2013

il colosseo


First stop on our list of places to go, Il Colosseo.  Just a few blocks from our apartment, we would end up walking by this behemoth of a ruin everyday.  By the end of our week in Rome, I think we hardly glanced at it as we pushed through the crowds of people standing around its periphery.  But on our first full day in Italy, we took it all in.  We waited in the not-so-long line, paid our 12 euros, and explored to our hearts content.  There are a million little details waiting to be discovered in every little nook and cranny of this centuries old stadium.  I think so of my favorite finds were the views of the city from inside the Colosseum.  Do you think, one day, Wrigley Field will look like this?

*Thank you Aly for additional photos

3 comments:

  1. Unbelievable how large and so old. I am so glad that You Sisters got to spend some quality time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these shots. I actually got a little teary the first time we walked out of the Colosseo Metro - it really is amazing. Looks like you had a wonderful time in Rome x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a wonderful time!! Thanks for the tips, I will get you the guest post soon I promise!!

      Delete