16 August 2013

ready to roam...



...errr' kinda.

I've got my stunner shoes laced up, my bags are packed and bursting at the seams (how does that always happen?), our flight leaves mid-morning, but I am not ready to go!  Not only has our host from Airbnb failed to respond to my urgent messages of "how do we pick up the key for our stay in your apartment," but also and more importantly, I hate saying goodbye.  It never gets easier and in fact, I think it gets proportionally more difficult the longer you stay.  Since my move to the Middle East in 2010, this month-long vacation back home has been my longest yet.  We had so much fun playing at the lake, visiting the Amish, going to markets, hanging out at camp, and road tripping across the greater Midwest (posts on that coming soon) that heading back to a sticky Saudi summer is going to be tough.  And tougher yet, is saying goodbye to all of the people that I love here.  I know it won't be long before I am back again and with Skype and gchat and email and blogs it is virtually impossible to not keep in touch, but still, I'll miss you guys.  I love you and will see you soon!

3 comments: