01 March 2013

Valentines Day Adventure: Part IV



I am a sucker for ungulates.  Giraffes, horses, donkeys, camels, dromedary, unicorns, whatever, I love them.  Like a little kid with a puppy, I feel compelled to chase them, pet them, cuddle them.  Unfortunately, sometimes they do not feel the same.  I come closer, they walk further.  I walk further, they walk even further.  And the consequence of this is that when they flee, they leave behind things that get stuck in my shoes.

It is worth it though, one day, I will catch me one.

4 comments:

  1. Why did you guys have your abayas on? Just curious. M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were people/workers occasionally driving by. No abayas = lots of staring, questions, photos, or possible anger. It is best to stay covered when other people could come by.

      Delete
  2. These are just wild camels? This is just something I can't even fathom...I mean I guess we have wild horses here but I don't even know that I've ever seen any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't really wild, just free range :) Some beduin owns them, as you can tell from the harnesses around them, but they can wander around looking for stuff to eat. Apparently camels are extremely expensive and valuable so people catch them up pretty quick, I don't know if that is totally true though

      Delete